Tuesday, July 22, 2014


After the last years when Luobaniya has had to abide its time in Anhui, China gasping for air to breath and with almost no moments of decent computer connections in spite of all VPN's tried, constantly blocked and with lousy down speed and even worse and most unstable up speeds it is now breathing a bit by bit better than before … watching the clouds on a blue sky from the terrace Luobaniya, the State of Mind, is gradually recuperating and might even start singing some new Anthems again …

Initially things will appear to be getting worse and not better as there will be an interruption for a little while when most of the files will not be available. Moving right now the whole lot to another service … Please don't drown me with mail asking where the files are gone! Most of them will be available soon again, but a few are unfortunately gone, also from my own disks so I will put up a want list for some of my own files. Hopefully you can help me restore those and I know I have promised this several times before but there will be more posts after I have fixed the old links to point to the new server!


Anyone that still saves .zip files after unpacking (I usually do …) are most welcome to send them back to me! Lacking the zip file it is of course equally kind of you if you could zip the unpacked files and send the resulting zip back to me. I am most eager  to have the Archiv Java Gamelans below … I still have the original records but it would be very good indeed, not to have to redo work that I already painstakingly did already! Any help with this will be most appreciated!

Thanks for sending this one back to me!

Archiv_2565028_9_Java_Gamelans_from_the_sultans_palace_in_Yogyakarta_2LP_320.zip

The other missing files are no longer missing as they have been located on various backups!
I will supply new links for files chronologically and on a request basis. If there is some Rapidshare link that stops working please let me know and I will substitute it with a new working one!
[edited 2014.07.26]

18 comments:

Barron said...

Welcome back! We've missed you more than you can imagine.

I'll check my files and do what I can to restore the missing ones.

mr fung said...

palatial gamelan

http://www.adrive.com/public/GF2YKV/ArchivJavaPalatial.zip

bolingo69 said...

That was a lovely surprize! And so quick! I am impressed and downloading this right away so I can add it to the post! Thanks a lot!

reservatory said...

Nice to see some signs of life at your (like mine) dusty outpost. Looking forward to future activity, as I always need more obscure musical treasures to go with the 70,000,000,000,000 I've already squirreled away...

Sun Ira said...

So great to hear your voice again. I've missed you and am looking forward to the next dynasty at Luobaniya.

Park Sang-won said...

:3

Deben Bhattacharya said...

Rom + Yugo :)

Anonymous said...

hi bolingo - glad to help out:

Gamelans from the Sultans Palace in Yogyakarta (2LP, 1972, Archiv, by J Brunet) [320]
http://qzcetfq7ed.1fichier.com/

since miguel came by to say hello, i had a look at what he's doing, and by chance found out what you're searching for. so it goes.

cheers,
lucky

Anonymous said...

Can you please redo the 'Music of Oceania: The Kaluli of Papua Niugini' ?
Thank you so much!

Timo said...

Very pleased to see some stirrings in the quiet pond. Many and rare are the moments I've been fishing here, pondering on the shape-shifting clouds reflected on the surface.

Peace!
T

PS. Will keep an eye open in case you need zips of old uppings. I'll of course be most humbly pleased to return the favour. I've got most of the Indian posts.

roberth said...

welcome back i saw you were back from the oriental trad music blog.
thanks for keeping the links working while you were gone. that was great
hopefully you will also be posting more of your marvels as well as telling of yr travels
robert

Anonymous said...


Amanat Ali Khan & Fateh Ali Khan - Raag Darbari & Sakh - EMI Pakistan - ALPC 12 - P. 1970

Hi bolingo, the rapidshare link for the above record is down. Would hate to miss this one, could you please reupload? thanks!

JimHxn said...

It's great to have you back! Can I request a re-up of the Premiere anthologie de la musique Malienne - Songoy edition, please?

Thanks, love the music :)

beetor said...

I'm so excited! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again, and looking forward to renewed activity! A small request here for Hugh Tracey - Musical Instruments 6 & 7 - Guitars 1 & 2. Many thanks for all your efforts.

Anonymous said...

As ever, so generous!
Thanks for your endurance and compassion!
You are and always were the quality stream in a rising sea of neglect.
Blame the climate change.
I sincerely bow for you, and hope you and your family are doing well!
Jim

Tommyhothead said...

Back from some time in South India myself, with a brief visit to Varanasi recently. Lucky to have enjoyed an intimate concert by Ritwik Sanyal. Glad to know you are well. Thank you for your extraterrestrial communications.

Richard said...

Please come back.