Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oriental Traditional music from LP's & K7 • New blog to keep an eye on!

Do you like some more Mallikarjun?

Well, I have some very good news to share with you! There is a new blog started by one of the frequent visitors to this blog and I can assure you that it will be worth your while following it. the first post right now in my blogroll is from that blog!

Pop over directly to this new blog and get your own copy of

Mallikarjun Mansur - Bahaduri Todi & Gaud Malhar - ECLP 2384 (1968)


What are you waiting for... the files are over there...

Don't forget to say thank you!

Just pop over there and enjoy, and good luck Tawfiq!

3 comments:

proaudionaman said...

HI Bolingo!
Naman here, you nad Tawfiq have together done some great work for the MUsic archives restoration and eposure to the general pupil.SAdly after Tawfiq's early demise there has been no way of accessing his uploads and all the links are deceased. I think there needs to be some measures taken for safeguarding and keeping his blog alive. This should be up in discussion at the earliest.
proaudionaman@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Naman, a kind gentlman has mirror oriental blog. You can append any of the oriental's url with https://rudraveena.org/theBlog/ and you can access files.

https://rudraveena.org/theBlog/oriental-traditional-music.blogspot.com/

proaudionaman said...

Hi Bolingo!
Almost an year later after my fist comment, and more than 2 yrs after the demie of Axel Elbin (Tawfiq) I deeply regret as I was unable to either meet him in person much less access any of his beautifully preserved music. I think book the blogs, The original (https://oriental-traditional-music.blogspot.com/) as well as the mirror prepared by Louis, Daniel & Gary (https://www.rudraveena.org/theBlog/oriental-traditional-music.blogspot.com/index.html) have REDUNDANT links. I fear their cloud hosting subscriptions might have expired or so.
I've the worst dilemma on this planet i guess. I can see great maestros playing on phenomenal instruments but cant listen to them.
ANy help would be appreciated.